OBDScope for Symbian
- Updated2012-08-09 16:45:04
OBDScope is a vehicle On-Board diagnostics software for S60 smartphones. The software uses Bluetooth to connect to an OBD-II interface which is connected to a vehicle. The software then uses the OBD-II interface to access the data available on the ECU of the vehicle. The data can be monitored in real-time or it can be logged to a file for further analysis.
● Symbian S60 3rd or 5th edition smartphone.
○ Most of the recent Nokia handsets.
● Bluetooth OBD-II interface.
○ ELM327 Bluetooth OBD-II Wireless Transceiver Dongle.
○ DIAMEX DX70 Bluetooth.
○ OBDKey Bluetooth.
○ OBDLink Bluetooth
○ Any Bluetooth OBD-II interface with ELM compliant chip will Operate.
● Vehicle supporting OBD-II.
○ Most of the passenger cars model 2001 -> with petrol engine.
○ Most of the passenger cars model 2005 -> with diesel engine.
Never use OBDScope while driving!
You should never attempt to use OBDScope while operating a moving vehicle. If you need to monitor sensor information while driving, it is strongly recommended that you have a passenger to operate OBDScope. If you don’t have a helping passenger, use OBDScope's Data logging feature so that you can analyse the collected data once you have safely parked your vehicle.